CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Cancer Diagnosis Hurricane

I have been dealing with having cancer for awhile now.

But when another one of my friends was diagnosed recently it made me sit and reflect on how I got to this point.

When you are diagnosed I like to compare it to being in a hurricane.
Your life as you know it will never be the same.
So many things are being thrown at you that you can not even process it until later.

I made a huge mistake when I was diagnosed.
I did not tell anyone!~ No One.
I tried to deal with everything on my own.
I went to treatments alone and even had surgery and drove myself home afterwards.
Not smart!

I truly think I put my marriage in jeopardy because of this.
I mean can you imagine your wife acting even more crazy than normal and there is not a reason for it

Now why did I do this?
I think that I thought as long as I didn't tell my family and friends ~ It wasn't real.
Pride ~ I didn't want to seem weak. .
I hated asking for help and more than that admitting I needed help.
But you have to.

I didn't want my kids to worry about mom not being there.
When you are a mom with cancer especially with young children like I have
it is hard to think you won't get to experience the "big" moments.
You really need someone to stand with you if nothing else but to be a filter.
There is so much to absorb that you need someone to even listen for you.
Surround yourself with positve people.

95% of my support system are amazing people.
But I have also had some incredibly insensitve things said to me as well.
You have to block out all negativity.

You have to say to yourself each and every day ~
Do Not Give Up! Keep Fighting!

And when you feel like you cannot Fight anymore...
Let me help you fight.

0 comments: